After much effort Knebworth Park Cricket Club is now able to offer the opportunity for members (both juniors and seniors) to enjoy nets sessions, but only in line with the guidance provided by the sporting governing bodies.
It has to be emphasised all sessions have to be booked, no one may turn up without booking and all those booking must be a 2020 paid-up member. All details must be read.
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with current Government guidance, if you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, you should remain at home and follow Government guidance.
- You can exercise outdoors (i.e. use the nets) on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times. You must only exercise in groups of two people or less, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
- You must book a slot to use the nets. This is to ensure we can control the usage, and also keep a record of who has used the nets. See below for the booking procedure. You will not be allowed to use the nets without a booking slot, so please do not arrive unless you have one. Anyone without a booking slot will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
- Juniors aged u16 can book a 1-2-1 session with a qualified coach by contacting Neil Pitts. Otherwise, for Health & safety reasons, a coach must be present, even when a parent is with an u16 in the net (Junior nets bookable Lane 3 – Saturday & Sunday 8am to 1pm)
- Nets should be used on an ‘every other’ basis, leaving one net free between nets, using Lanes 1 & 3. A grass pitch may become available at a later date.
- There are no changing or toilet facilities open on site. Please arrive ready to play.
- Each practice slot is 50 minutes long, so please use your own facilities before you arrive. Allow for 10 minutes between slots to allow for safe entry and exit to the nets, and to allow for any necessary sanitisation. Please leave promptly.
- When you arrive, leave your kitbags outside in a safe space at least 2m away from other kit/bags that may be there.
- Please bring your own personal hand sanitiser. Before entering, and after leaving the nets, please sanitise your hands. If you do touch any surfaces, please sanitise your hands after doing so.
- You must use your own equipment and cricket balls. Only the person bowling/feeding should handle those cricket balls, it is recommended that you wear rubber gloves.
- Batters should avoid picking up balls – use the bat or kick the ball back to the bowler/feeder, or bowlers should retrieve their own balls.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities, plus it is recommended that you change your clothes.
- Please bring a reusable drinks bottle, preferably marked with your name, and do not discard any litter whilst at the club. Take all items away with you. No food is to be consumed during the sessions.
- All other safety rules relating to net usage still apply. Please read the notices at the nets.
The pitch areas are currently NOT IN USE. Please do not come and use the pitches for play or practice, until we are able to advice on safe and controlled use.
- Only authorised coaches, administrators and club members are able to book the nets, using the club’s electronic booking system. This is to ensure traceable use (i.e. known individual use) by the club.
- Ensure your membership payments are up to date by joining on the new membership site www.membermojo.co.uk/kpcc
- Bookings will be taken on a first-come first served basis. Saturday and Sunday mornings 8am to 2pm will be for the sole use of juniors, due to ECB guidelines.
- An authorised representative of the club (usually a coach) must be present when the net facilities are in use by juniors; parents may enter the net but only after taking safety advice from a club coach or qualified representative. A fully qualified coach, first-aid trained and DBS checked will be on site each Saturday and Sunday morning from 8am -1pm.
- The nets will be open for adult booking (members only):
- Monday to Friday 4pm to 9pm
- Saturday & Sunday 2pm to 8pm
- All bookings during the times above, including on behalf of junior players (either in household groups or a maximum of 2 people from different households) can be made by the club booking system.
Emma O’Brien will confirm all bookings. If you have not had your booking confirmed, then please do not travel to the club.
One to One coaching from Neil, Alex. Please enquire for availability with email@example.com. (This may also be available outside of the times above.)
- If your booking is rained off or otherwise cancelled, please arrange an alternative slot with Neil Pitts.
- Bookings to be made in advance.
- Authorised coaches are able to book the nets at other times outside of Monday and Friday. No unsupervised junior usage is permitted (i.e. an authorised representative of the club, usually the coach, must be present).